October 17, 2013

Dani's Cowboy Pasta

My husband Brian has been asking me to post one of his favorite recipes’s for some time now. I made him this recipe 6 years ago when we first started dating. He likes to tell me that when I made this recipe he knew he would love me forever. Brian is full of jokes might I tell you! The recipe is Cowboy Pasta. I didn't get this recipe from any sites I was reading an old cookbook from like 1970 and seen a recipe called "Working Man’s Pasta".. It was pinto beans, boxed Mac & cheese with hot dogs. A combination of ingredients I was not sure about. However, I had the idea to cook it with hamburger meat. So I looked in the pantry and all I had was Velveeta shells & cheese and ranch style beans. I thought, "This is what I'm trying for dinner!" It has had many different things added over the years but those three items are the base to Dani's Cowboy Pasta. I have given this recipe out for years and many people I know always tell me how great it tastes. This recipe will always be on my family's favorite list.

 This is what you need to make Cowboy Pasta.
 This is something we add for heat but doesn't always get added. 
Mix the beans and cook meat together
Cook pasta then add cheese and mix well.
 Take meat mixture and add to pasta and your done.
 Will look like this and taste very good. 

Cowboy Pasta

What You Need:
1 lb. Hamburger meat
2 cans Ranch Style Beans
2 (12 oz.) VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Dinner
1 can of diced tomatoes and green chilies*
Salt and pepper for taste

What to Do:
Cook hamburger meat; drain, add the beans and cook on low to medium heat covered. Cook Shells & cheese according to package. When pasta is done add both meat mixture and noodles together until completely combined and serve warm. 

This makes about 8 one cup servings! 

3 comments:

  1. It feels good to have read your post. I got a lot of good thoughts here. You must be brilliant to have come with writing articles that could inspire and help a lot of your readers. I feel like going to visit this site more often. Beauty and health

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog post about Dani's Cowboy Pasta, and I must say, it looks absolutely delicious! Your detailed recipe and mouthwatering photos have inspired me to try it out for myself.
    promocodehq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your delectable recipe, and I can't wait to give it a try. If you're ever interested in some savings on your cooking essentials, "frugalishness" could be an excellent resource to explore.

    ReplyDelete