October 9, 2013

Diet Dr.Pepper Cake

This is probably going to be my most meaningful post ever. My daughter Brooke asked me if she could make a cake. I wanted to do something fun and so I remembered how great a cake was that I use to eat a lot when I was doing weight watchers. It was fun because you get to play a little with the cake mix as you make it. So Brooke and I made a Diet Dr.Pepper Cake. I know people always talk about how a coke is more important but trust me when I say the flavor is still there. I also came across a sugar free mix they have now and so it made this cake even better.  I hope y'all enjoy my pictures. Brooke had fun and was happy so for me that's just life's greatest gift!


 This is what I used for the cake. Simple and so Yummy!
Brooke shifting the cake mix to get the lumps out before we add the Dr.Pepper.
Make a small hole in center of cake mix before adding the dr.pepper.
 This helps add height to the cake. let it fully bubble then mix together.
Here is Brooke and I mixing the cake mix.
This is what it should look like once its completely stirred.
Brooke said taste good.. She wanted to eat before we cooked it!
Pour in to a 13x9 pan spread evenly. Cook as directed on box.(forgot the cook picture)
 This is what you need for pudding topping(frosting)
Put milk in bowl and add the pudding mix stir together till combined.
Put 12 holes in the cake before spreading the pudding. 
Spread the pudding on tip and down sides.
This is what it will look like. Cover and chill for 45-30mins.
Then enjoy the very yummy Dr.Pepper Cake

Diet Dr. Pepper Cake

What Ya'll Need:
1 box Sugar Free Devils Food Cake
16 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper
1 package Sugar free Chocolate Pudding
2 Cups of 2% Milk
cooking spray(for pan)

What to Do:
Put cake mix in a bowl stir all the lumps out. Then make a small hole in middle of bowl pour diet Dr. Pepper in slow so that the bubbles stay then stir cake mix and soda till combined well. Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray pour mixture into pan. Preheat oven according to box directions. Cook 4 minutes less then what it says on box. Remove and let cool. Poke 12 holes in the cake. Then make pudding accordingly to the directions on box. Pour on top of cake and spread evenly. Cover and chill for 45 minutes to an hour. This is a cold treat and is to be keep in fridge.

**Cooking Note- You can combine different flavors of soda to cake mix  to try another flavor and puddings to top them off. My next once is going to be a vanilla cake with a white chocolate flavor pudding on top.

24 comments:

  1. I wanted to be sure about the soda. Is it one can, which would be 12ounces or is it actually 16 ounces? Thanks for clarifying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it one can (12 oz) of Diet Dr Pepper or 16 0zs? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did anyone find out if the can used is 12 oz or 16 oz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The can in her picture above says 12 oz. Thanks

      Delete
  4. I enjoy it with a light cool whip topping with a cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take that pudding topping and fold it into whipped cream for a nice version of whipped topping as well.

      Delete
  5. How many weight watchers points?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your picture shows 12 oz. Dr.Pepper, the recipe calls for 16 oz., so I used 12 oz bottle which is sold by 8 in a pkg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made these and once mix d tofether it was like brown water. I went ahead and baked them in a 9 x13 pan but they are sooooo thin like a cookie cake. What did i do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much soda I think my mom suses 20 oz when she wants hers to come out more like bars ... just try less soda

      Delete
  8. This recipe sounds good. I'm going to try and make cupcakes instead of the cake. Do you think it will work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You use a 12oz can. Been making it for years and everyone loves them I use a Diet Coke though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just the. Diet. Dr. Pepper and the box mix and that's it no eggs or oil

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would use the pudding topping..I would just add some sugar free cool whip

    ReplyDelete
  12. I followed the recipe and use a 16 oz bottle of soda (diet coke instead). It is cooling now but looks like it come out fine. We will see, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I drink the Diet Dr Pepper Cream soda and I am so excited to try this. I have the worst sweet tooth..which is not good for my waste line�� Definitely gonna top with a sugar free whipped cream��

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. I guess we'll have to scan each ingredient to figure it out. 🤷🏼‍♀️

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. No the jelow pudding will not thicken with almond milk

      Delete