May 28, 2013

Rice-A-Roni Pork Chops & Rice

There are so many ways to cook pork chops, One of my favorite ways is pork chops and Rice. it happens to be one of my family's favorite foods. Now how I came to make Rice-A-Roni Seasoned Pork Chops. I was going to cook my grandmothers recipe for pork chops and rice but my day ran long and I didn't have time to cook since it takes an hour. I was going to grill the chops and cook rice for a side dish. But, when I was looking at the box of rice I saw a recipe for Chicken and rice. Went from there and thought I'd try it with the pork chops. Might I say it was really good and something I would make again. I think one thing I might do next is add the broccoli and cheese. Hope you enjoy!

      
What Ya'll Need:
package RICE-A-RONI® Chicken
4-6 boneless pork chops             
tablespoons margarine
cups water
cup small broccoli florets (optional)
1/2  cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
salt
pepper
 
What to Do:
In large skillet, sauté rice-vermicelli mix with 2 Tbsp. margarine over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown, stirring frequently this is important make sure you don't skip this step. Then slowly stir in 2 cups of water, Special Seasonings and bring to a boil. Then add the pork chops, cover and reduce heat to low and simmer 15-20 min. or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Let stand 5 min. before serving.

Tip* Add 1 cup small broccoli florets during last 5 min. of simmering. Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese before stand time.

 

7 comments:

  1. I would think the answer is no😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I browned the chops 1st and then set them aside and added butter and browned the rice..... worked perfectly 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe calls for 4 chops, can I use 6?

    ReplyDelete