June 20, 2013

Bacon Egg Muffins

I get a lot of ideas for meals that I try off Pinterest. This recipe is another one. It's originally called Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups from the Pin I saw. When I made these I did a few things different and I was shocked at how amazing it tasted. I had never cooked and egg in the oven. So, this was a win on taste and it was easy to make.


Here is a look at them in solid form. I think the bacon was good and crisp. However, if you like yours a little less done. Maybe cut bacon in half and cross it in bottom then add egg and cook. skipping the step of pre-cooking bacon. I will be trying this next time.


My sister-in-law was visiting when I made these. She does not eat meat, so I made hers with out the bacon. She liked them and said that they tasted good!



Bacon Egg Muffins

What Ya'll Need:
12 slices white or whole-wheat sandwich bread
8 slices bacon
8 large eggs
4 tablespoons of butter, melted
Salt and ground pepper for taste
What to Do:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take bread slices and flatten slightly then cut into 12 rounds. I used a mason jar to cut the rounds. Avoid using crust of the bread. Take the rounds and cut each round in half. Lightly butter muffin pan cups. Then press 2 of the halves into each muffin cup overlapping slightly, making sure bread comes up to top of cup. Use extra bread to cover the bottom of the muffin pan. Make sure that all the muffin cup is covered. Then brush bread with remaining melted butter on inside. In a skillet, cook bacon 2 min. then flip and cook another 2 minutes. Then place 1 bacon slice in each bread muffin cup and crack an egg over each muffin cup. Season with the salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are just set, 15 to 25 minutes.  Serve Immediately and Enjoy!
*Cooking Tip: You could top with Cheese or Jalapenos. My husband, Brian did this and he loved it. My sister-in-law mentioned using sausage for this recipe instead of bacon. I think that might be something I try soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment