July 25, 2013

Cowboy Hash

Hash brown Casserole is a favorite of mine as a side dish or as a meal all on its own. I got the idea for Cowboy Hash from another dish I make Cowboy Pasta. It's a pasta dish and I was out of pasta and only had potatoes. So the idea came to light for Cowboy Hash. I made it for my husband and a few of his friends for a dinner party that we were having a few weeks ago. They liked it so much its been a request since then. I guess its now a new family favorite.

The sour cream and cheese potatoes are so yummy on top of this dish.
 
Cowboy Hash
 
What Ya'll Need:
1 pound of hamburger meat
2 cans of ranch style beans(I used one can original and one with jalapenos)
1 table spoon of  Jess Hall's Serendipity Seasoned Salt
1 table spoon of McCormick® Chili Seasoning package
1/2 cup of water 
6 medium potatoes peeled and diced up
12 oz sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese(I uses Colby)
Salt and Pepper for taste
 
What you Do:
Brown meat in a skillet; drain and return to pan. Add both cans of beans, serendipity salt, chili seasoning and water. Stir till mixed, cover and simmer. Then mix the potatoes, sour cream and cheese in bowl. Salt and pepper it to taste. Take a 13x9 cooking dish add meat mixture to pan. Then spoon potatoes on top once done, sprinkle with cheese. Place dish in a preheated oven to 385 cook for 45 minutes. Remove and let sit for five minutes. Serve up and Enjoy!!
 
Cooking Tip: If you want to save sometime use a bag of frozen potatoes, I used them the second time I made them. Tasted just as good. I let them thaw out why I cooked the meat mixture. Then stirred them in with cheese and sour cream.   
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment