August 27, 2013

Black Bean & Avocado Quesadillas

I made black bean and avocado quesadillas for dinner and they were AMAZING! I like that they are simple to make and very filling. I have been eating better and this recipe was a win for me. I will be adding this in as a regular meal plan. The original recipe was made with whole black beans but I wanted refried beans, I got the brand that was recommended if buying canned. I'm sure there are more out there for me to try and I'm sure it will be happening. My husband said he would like to have these again. So there will be more black bean recipes in my future.

This is all you need for this recipe.
Use I forgot the most important part.. corn tortillas!
 I used Bush's black refried beans and added diced jalapeno with a bit of juice. 
 Spread the beans on the tortilla then added the diced avocado.
Add cheese on top, cook for 5 mins and ENJOY!
 
Black Bean & Avocado Quesadillas
 
 
What Ya'll Need:
6 Tortillas (corn or flour)
1/2 can Black Refried Beans
1 tsp. diced Jalapenos
2 Avocados, diced
3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Splash of Lime
Salsa, Sour Cream, Lettuce and Tomatoes for toppings
 
What to Do:
Two ways to cook this in a skillet over medium high heat or I used my George Forman Grill. Spread tortilla with a spoon full of black beans. Top that with the diced avocados then sprinkle the tortilla with cheese. Add another tortilla on top, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Cut in fours and Serve.
 
*Cooking Tip: I added lime juice to the diced avocados.. It was so good! Top with anything you like. I made Cilantro Lime Rice as a side dish to this meal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment