August 25, 2013

Cilantro Lime Rice

I have made an effort to start eating better. I will still make things for my family that they love to eat, but I won't be eating it with them. I've been looking at different recipes that has ingredients I will eat. It's not been hard finding things to replace some of the things I like but it's worth it. Of the many foods out there to eat rice tops the list as one of my favorites, so when I seen this recipe for Cilantro Lime Rice I was thrilled. I can use this rice along with almost any meat, chicken or fish dish. When I first tried cilantro lime rice it was with green beans and chicken. I made this as a side dish to my Black Bean & Avocado Quesadillas. Lime lovers Enjoy!
 
This is all you need for this amazingly yummy rice! It's so simply to make.
 
Cilantro Lime Rice
 
What Ya'll Need:
1/2 tbsp. butter( you could use vegetable oil)
2/3 cup Jasmine rice
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 tsp. salt
Juice of 1 Lime
Cilantro use fresh or dried

What to do:
In saucepan add butter, heat stirring occasionally until melted. Add rice and lime juice, stir till rice is coated. Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil. Once it's boiling, cover with lid and turn down to a simmer until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, takes about 20-25 minutes. Then remove from heat fluff rice with a fork. Place in a dish immediately.. taste and add extra lime if needed then add the Cilantro and serve.

*Cooking Note: My husband is not a big fan of Cilantro so I use the dried, but if you want to use fresh just chop and add to liking. Once the rice is done place in serving dish this keeps rice from still cooking and getting sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment