August 21, 2013

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookies are Yummy in almost any flavor. I decided to make mint chocolate chip cookies since I had some of my nieces and nephews visiting me and they wanted to help make a dessert. I did the easy way and used the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix recipe and I did a slight change nothing real major. l really enjoyed my time with the kids and we had fun making cookies.

What you need for this fun yummy cookie!
Here my niece Layla pouring the mix and getting ready to make cookies.
This is what it looks like mixed up. I didn't get to take a picture of it before we stirred.
Layla changed clothes. Cracked an egg went all over her, first time in the kitchen!
She did a great job! They tasted really good.
 Evan decided he would write the recipe down so that I wouldn't forget. He wanted to help out.
 
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies  
 
 
What Ya'll Need:
1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix                 
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 teaspoon mint extract
6 drops green food color 
1 egg
1 cup Andes crème de menthe baking chips                
3/4 cup  Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
 
What to Do:
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Then stir in crème de menthe baking chips and chocolate chips. Using small cookie scoop I got mine from Pampered Chef drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10* minutes. Let cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack or wax paper. Serve warm or cool completely!
 
Cooking Tip: I cooked mine for 9 minutes they turned out great. Test a cookie first in your oven  to check what time is best. It always helps from ruining the whole batch of cookies. I use less chocolate chips and more mint chips and very little mint extract. I like the flavor of the mint chips.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment