September 25, 2013

Roasted Salsa Verde Chicken

I have yet another crockpot recipe for y'all. I have been cooking a lot of recipes at home in my crock pot and was looking for a way to make chicken enchiladas with a salsa Verde.  I love Salsa Verde "green sauce" it can be used as a dip or in a favorite recipe and I have had my fair share of chicken enchiladas, using salsa Verde rather it was at a restaurant or at home. So I was on a mission to find the best Salsa Verde in a jar I could find. I didn't want to invest all the time to make the salsa this was something I wanted to be quick. Let me tell you my test taster(husband) was not at all upset about this idea. So we were shopping at Wal-Mart and my husband seen a new brand of salsa Verde from non other then Wal-Mart. He wanted us to try this so we bought a jar and tested it out on just a chip to see is this it.. YES IT WAS! I couldn't believe that a jar of salsa costing $1.98 would win over some that cost up to over $5 bucks. So I was ready to test it out and the end result was Perfect. I was so happy with the flavor of this salsa that we bought 6 jars to keep on hand(my husband eats this like candy!) I have tried this salsa in a few recipes now and I have to say it's yet to disappoint. So for all you Salsa Verde fans give this one a try and let me know what you think.

 This is what the Roasted Salsa Verde Jar looks like. Get this if not your missing out!
 Just add half the jar and 2 pounds of chicken tenders to crock pot.
Cook on high for 2 hours, remove and shred or dice then to a favorite recipe.  
This is the chicken Enchilada I made with the salsa. They were so darn good!

 
Roasted Salsa Verde Chicken
 
What Ya'll Need:
2 lbs. of chicken tenders
1/2 Jar of Roasted Salsa Verde
 
What to Do:
Place chicken and salsa to crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours. Remove dice or shred and add to recipe.
 
Chicken Enchiladas: Use any tortilla of choice add chicken and cheese. Place in 13x9 dish. Mix the rest of salsa Verde with 12 oz. sour cream and topped the enchiladas with mixture add cheese on top and cook in oven for 20-25mins on 350.
 
*Cooking Note: I always check the chicken in crock pot around 1 1/2 hours just to make sure they don't over cook in crock pot. Also you can add more salsa if you want but the first time I cooked this it was more then needed and I didn't want to waste any salsa.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment