September 6, 2013

Special-K Cookies

 I'm so thankful for my Grandmother Norma! She is one of the most caring, wonderful person  I know. I can't express in words the love I have for my grandmother. We are so much alike and have a lot of the same interest. Spending time with her is like being with your best friend. She has and always will hold this very special place in my heart. I love that my daughter gets to spend time with her also. I was recently visiting with her and she shared a cookie recipe with me that I had never heard of called Special K Cookies. This recipe is for a cookie that is "No-Bake" with peanut butter and special k cereal. It could have been called No-Bake Peanut Butter Heaven; however that would be confusing for people I'm sure. It's a great dessert to have for people who like peanut butter. It's light crispy and peanut buttery goodness! I hope that y'all try this one and let me know that you think. Go ahead and give it a try.

 Add Karo, Sugar and butter to a medium sauce pan
 Bring to a rolling boil for 2 minutes, don't over cook cause you can burn the mixture.
 Remove from heat add the peanut butter and stir till mixed then add the Special K
 It should look something like this!
 Drop any size spoonful's on wax paper quick it will set quickly. We made them big! 
 My grandmother said, "I make them big cause when I want a cookie, I want a cookie!" 

Special-K Cookies

What Ya'll Need:
3/4 cup White Karo
3/4 cup Sugar
1 Stick Butter
3/4 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter(could use smooth)
4 cups Special K Original Cereal

What you Do:
Bring to a rolling boil karo, sugar and butter. Boil 2 minutes, remove from heat add crunchy peanut butter stir till mixed then add Special K. Spoon on to wax paper, and enjoy.

Cooking Note: As the cookies cool they form and mold together. But, eating them warm is OH SO GOOD!

Thanks Grandma for Sharing this cookie recipe! I Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment